Get a Library Card
If you live or pay property tax in Hillsborough County, you may apply for a free library card by visiting any branch or by beginning the application process online below.
- Applying online will give you a temporary card number and grant certain immediate privileges, but you will still need to visit the library to receive your card.
- You must go in person to a branch library and present proper identification in order to receive your library card.
Customers must provide identification whenever registering or re-registering for the purpose of verifying name, birth date and current residential address.
Any pre-existing records you may have will be merged with your new record. You remain responsible for any associated fines or overdue items.
A parent or legal guardian's signature is required if you are under the age of 17.
- New library cards are free for Hillsborough County residents with 1 free replacement per year. There is a $2.00 replacement fee thereafter.
- Non residents can be issued free cards if they provide documentation (such as property tax bill) verifying their Hillsborough County property tax-paying status.
- Non-Hillsborough residents must pay an annual fee of $100.00 to obtain a library card with 1 free replacement per year. There is a $2.00 replacement fee thereafter.
Downloadable Library Card Application
Please bring your completed application to the checkout desk at any branch location.
How to Update Your Library Account
Visit your local library and show a photo ID and verification of current address OR
Please have your library card number ready and call us at 813-273-3652 to update account information including:
- Email address
- Phone number
*Verification of current address will be required for next checkout