Home > Using Your Library Card
Using Your Library Card
Use your card:
- At any Hillsborough County Public Library and on the Bookmobile or Cybermobile to check out materials.
- From your home or office to access premium subscription databases for FREE at www.hcplc.org.
- To access the Internet at any public library in Hillsborough County. Your account must have less than $10 in fines/fees.
- Cards expire every 3 years and may be updated with proof of address and photo ID.
- Notify the library promptly if you change your address. Your telephone number or email address must be current to continue receiving notifications.
- One free card is issued per calendar year. There is a $2.00 replacement fee thereafter.
- Notify the library promptly if your card is lost or stolen. Cardholders are responsible for all fines/fees charged to that card.
Children under age 17:
- Parent/guardian is responsible for all fines/fees charged.
- Parent/guardian may choose to restrict access to unrated or R rated DVDs by filling out the library card registration form.
- Children under 17 must complete the NetSmartz® Internet Safety program to access an Internet computer unless a parent/guardians sign a waiver form.
- No permanent records of materials borrowed or requested are retained once the materials have been returned unless you opt to keep a reading history.
- A library card or photo identification is required to get information about your account in person; a library card number is required to get information by phone.
- Privacy of records is protected under the provisions of Florida Statutes, Chapter 257.261.
- The library is not responsible for the operation of or any damages to your equipment while using audio, video or computer materials borrowed from the library.
- The library reserves the right to impose other limits on loan periods or the number of items that may be checked out.